Monday, November 21, 2011
Monday, November 14, 2011
I don't pay retail on clothing items because they always go on sale or you probably can find something similiar elsewhere for less. Things that you should splurge on and buying at retail prices are classic shoes /handbags beause they almost never go on sale. These items also go up in prices every six months or so.
I do lots of online shopping, and sites that I visited frequently or when I receive email alert about a special sale (usually additional discount offered on top of the sale prices) are:
If there are some bags or shoes items that you really want, and know that they are classic items that never go on sale you can try to save money by buying them when the site/store offers gift card promotion event. Neiman Marcus online retail store and store do that couple of times a year, its like buying that classic items at 30% off when you spend $1000 and get $300 gift card.
Stell McCartney Coat as seen on model below. Christian Louboutin peeptoes lace up booties. I don't follow trend or chase down the trend on the runway. Even when I buy runway items, they tend to look more classic and not trendy. There are/were many trends that come and go that I don't care to be seen in. I don't just wear or buy something because they are In simply because I do not want to be a fashion victim or fall into the category" bad clothes happen to good people" . I must say that these boots are one of the unsual items, but surprisingly they go with almost everything in my closet. I got them few years ago and still very much in love with these shoes today as much as I love them the first day I bought them.
Stella McCartney Resort 2011. I purchased this coat this past summer at Neiman Marcus store during their semi annual sale.
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I traveled to NYC for a business meeting this past week and met up with my designer up there. She has been to many cities and countries, yet it was her first time in NYC. Too bad it rained the night we arrived and we only had 30 minutes to roam around in the city after the meeting before she had to fly back to Toronto and I fly to Boston for a quick visit.
Monday, October 24, 2011
Thursday, October 6, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Theory leather short
I love this short, it looks so cute with all of my tops in my closet. This is what I wore this past weekend on date night with the FI.
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Saturday, August 13, 2011
This item looks much better in person than on picture
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
How often do I work out? On an average four to time times a week. Trust me, I get lazy too, don't try to sit on the couch to watch TV after you get off from work, chance is you will not get up to make it to the gym:).
Where do I work out? Apartment home gym or between different LA fitness locations, LA Fitness Richardson, Preston and 635 and more frequently at Mid-way and Park.
What are my work out regimens? I don't use lots of machine, and/or the same work out machine everyday. I use mostly my own body weight and or free weights. Those work better, but I still use machine to change up the work out as well. I always stretch prior to and after my work out. Your muscle grows easier and you become more flexible not injured if you stretch. My work out usually starts or ends with at least 20 mins high intensive cardio either walking very fast on the treadmill with high incline or on the stair master with high speed of course.
- Stretch prior to and after work out
- Cardio of at least 20 mins only if you do high intensive or if you go low pace, you have to do 40 mins because your body won't start burning until after the first 20 minutes if you just kind of walking slow and taking it easy
- Weight work out: don't do the same exervise or same muscle group everyday. You have to change it up, your muscles need rest to grow. One major and minor muscle group a day.
- Let's say we start out with legs work out on Monday: you can either do full legs work out or just partial legs work out.
- Tuesday: no weight work out, must cardio and abs. On the day you only do cardio and abs, 45 mins cario and at least 15 mins abs
- Wednesday: back and biceps
- Thursday: rest if you want to, but if you feel like goign to the gym, cardio and abs
- Friday: Chest and tri-ceps
- Saturday off, rest day
- Sunday: shoulders and arms, some cardio to end the work out
Let's just start out like this. Working out is just as important as keeping a healthy diet if you want to ahieve optimal results. I will blog more often, and I will explain in more details on some of the good abs, legs, back, chest, arms exercises. I love fashion, I love food, but I have to maintain a healthy life style to feel good and look good in all the beautifyl clothes right?
Friday, July 15, 2011
1) I am addicted to working out. I am a healthy nut, I work out on an average 5 days a week which including 30 mins on the stair-master, 40 mins weight, and 20-25 mins abs. I eat supper healthy and do not consume sugar, cake if I do they come from natural sources like fruits. I barely eat rice although I am Asian.
2) I have weakness for pretty designer clothes and shoes. FI and I are in the process to start a house building process, and we have been trying to look for a perfect plan. We have purchased a plan earlier this year, but had to push back on the process because I thought the plan was too big, would be wasting money on property tax and ultilies. It's been very frustrating to find a perfect plan for our lot that also has all what we need. We finally found one, and if everything goes as plan, hopefully we will have our new house by next Spring 2012.
Master closet: instead of having closet in the master, we modify it to make the master bigger, and our 5th bedroom will be connected to the master and will be converted into the closet for me:). He just knows me well and he always points out plan with small closet that may not be something I like. Such a considerate person:).
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
Tuesday, July 12, 2011
Monday, July 11, 2011
Friday, July 8, 2011
I am still trying to find the best button down silk shirt to go with it. This is the type of skirt if worn wrong it would go from classy to trashy.
Worn here to date night dinner with Mr. B-Dinh, J-crew skirt, dolce & Gabbana lace top (the top comes with straps, but I have them tucked to wear as strapless) Christian Louboutin patent leather peeptoes pumps.
4) I don't really go out much to any social event so this explains why my blog is dry and boring:)
Friday, April 8, 2011
Monday, March 28, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Although the add featuring Brook Burke's supe hot bod states that only fifteen minutes of the same exercises as shown on above picture will give you a sexier body, It is however not that simple. Let's be real, Brook Burke has always been active all her life, I had never not seen her looking super hot, and it takes years of intensive exercises and healthy diet to get that body. Even if your goal is not to get that body, it will take months of high intensive exercises and healthy diet to even see results, let's alone getting a firm bod and abs like that:(
I hardly eat rice, like only once a month. My diet is fruit and protein for breakfast, snack throughout the day, and clean veggies and chicken soup for dinner. Exercises I do include 45 mins to one hour of light weight focusing on one major muscle and one small muscle group a day, 20 mins abs-core, and cardio (30 mins on the treadmill) every other day. I don't work out everyday, but I try to do it at least four times a week.